PADI Dive Instructor
The Environmental Research Institute Charlotteville (ERIC), Tobago (www.eric-tobago.org), is inviting suitable candidates to apply for shortlisting.
We are looking forward to shortlisting by mid-Mai 2022 and to filling the position in June 2022.
PLEASE READ THE FULL DESCRIPTION BELOW AND ANSWER IN YOUR APPLICATION ACCORDING TO EACH OF OUR REQUIREMENTS. This will help fast processing. Thanks, a mil.
What we offer:
- Working with a small, highly effective team, individualised diving and dive training in small groups, all diving activities are linked to conservation interpretation
- Working at an award winning, conservation and sustainability NGO
- Working on established conservation projects related to sharks, corals, turtles.
- Basic salary TTD 8,400 (USD 1,200) + 10% commission on income above a threshold (5,000USD) of dive income (governmental taxes and levies to be covered by instructor)
- Accommodation (self-contained apt, wifi, laundry, balcony, 2 min from beach)
- 15 working days holiday per each year
- One day off per week
- Duty hours are 48 hours a week on a flex time basis
- Fully valid work permit
What we expect:
- PADI MSDT (IDC Staff Instructor preferred), EFR in teaching status and with professional and medical insurance
- At least 3 years' experience
- Capable of physically demanding (very rare) tasks
- Strong marketing and sales background including social media
- Experience in remote, small island environment
- Strong conservation / naturalist background
- Own scuba equipment, cell phone and laptop
- Team player and leadership qualities
- Excellent communication skills in English, additional languages are an asset
- Experienced in equipment and compressor maintenance
- Able to deliver 40% in water and 60% administrative/marketing/maintenance duties
- Degree in marine environmental sciences, tourism or similar
- Additional languages
- Experience in working with NGO a definite asset
- Willing to assist in not directly job description related tasks
- Strong adherence to safety and PADI standards
- Strong communication and MS Office skills
- Certificate in equipment and compressor maintenance
- Animal welfare awareness
- Video and Photo experience
For shortlisting, please send
- picture (no UW, no sunglasses)
- two references with contacts, one of last employer
- Successful candidates must be prepared to afford 50% a security bond required by Immigration which will be reimbursed at the end of contract. European, North American, Caribbean citizens approx. 600 USD, the other 50% will be covered by ERIC.
- Initial return flight costs to be covered by successful candidate, reimbursed up to 1,000 Euro after the first year of employment.
- This position is for one person only